How to cook Sponge Cake
The Sponge Cake is well-loved by both kids and adults. It is a best-seller treat in bakeries and other pastry stores. Even on occasions such as weddings and birthdays, this food cake attracts attention due to its wonderful taste.
The Sponge Cake Recipe is a moderately-sweet delight that would deflate in your mouth with a distinct taste. It brings forth the savory egg flavor combined with the fluffy and light structure. For a more wonderful and delightful eating experience, the Sponge Cake can be decorated with fancy icing and mouth-watering decorations such as fondant icing, regular icing and frosting.
Sponge Cake Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups Cake flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 9 eggs, yolk and whites are separated
- 2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 cups granulated White sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3/4 cup Canola oil
Sponge Cake Instructions:
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease 10×10 baking pan and lined with parchment paper or two 8’round pans and set aside. Separate egg yolks from whites and set aside. In another bowl sieve cake flour and baking powder together, mix well and set aside. Combine egg whites and cream of tartar, then whip on a medium speed until fluffy. Turn to high speed and gradually add sugar until becomes smooth and soft peaks form for about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add orange extract in the egg yolks, then whisk lightly and pour in the meringue mixture. Mix for a minute or two, then add the canola oil and continue mixing for a few seconds. Lastly add in sifted cake flour and baking powder mixture to the batter and mix well until smooth.
- Then pour into a prepared baking tin, lightly greased and covered with parchment paper. If using 2 round pans, divide batter evenly. Bake for 40-45 minutes on a 10×10 pan or bake for 25-30 minutes if using 8′ round pans or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack and let it cool completely.
Sponge Cake Recipe is a best-seller treat in bakeries and well-loved by both kids and adults.