Last Updated on
How to cook Stuffed Squid
This Stuffed Squid Recipe is a whole squid stuffed with shrimp and crab meat combinations covered with a tomato wine sauce. This seafood dish is a popular Italian dish, we first tried this in a popular Italian restaurant in Bacolod, we tried to cook at home and the result is awesomely delicious. If you are a seafood lover then you should try this recipe too.
Take note that when cooking this seafood dish the two most important elements for success are:
- Make sure to buy the freshest seafood.
- Do not to overcook the seafood, especially the squid.
If you can do these tasks, I’m sure you will have a mix of tender shrimp with soft buttery lump crab meat and covered by light fresh squid in a tomato wine sauce. You can serve this dish for a special occasion and everyone will surely love it.
Stuffed Squid Ingredients:
- 6 medium-sized fresh squid
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of butter, melted
- 1/2 cup of parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp. tarragon
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh shrimp, cooked and finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups of crabmeat, cooked and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup scallions
- 1 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of red wine
- salt and pepper to taste
Stuffed Squid Instructions:
Cook the Squid Stuffing:
- In a frying pan add the half melted butter and saute the chopped onion then add half of the minced garlic.
- When the Onions are soft, add chopped crabmeat, tarragon, parsley, and shrimp.
- Mix well together all the ingredients then season with salt and pepper according to your taste.
Stuff the Squid and cook the Sauce:
- Stuff the cooked filling firmly into the cleaned squids.
- In another saucepan,apply and add the remaining butter.
- Add the remaining garlic and the chopped scallions then saute until tender.
- Add the red wine and the tomato sauce, bring to a boil then let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the stuffed squid and lower the heat then let if simmer until squid are tender, it will take about 25 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped scallions or parsley.
Smothered with tomato sauce and spiked with red wine this Stuffed Squid Recipe is a winner.