Last Updated on May 8, 2018 by Ed Joven
Puto Lanson Recipe is made of kamoteng kahoy (Cassava) or balinghoy in Ilonggo. It is a very popular afternoon treat in the Western Visayas region offered by street vendors. Puto Lanson is best eaten when still warm and with margarine or butter and Mascuvado on top to bring out the flavor of the cassava.
Try this PinoyRecipe version of Puto Lanson Recipe and give us your feedback.
Puto Lanson Ingredients:
- 4 cups grated cassava
- 6 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 cup grated Young Coconut (long and thin)
- Mascuvado (optional)
- Tin Molds ( you can use Condensed Milk can, cut in half and make sure to put holes at the bottom )
Puto Lanson Cooking Instructions:
- Prepare the Cassava, peel and wash it.
- Grate the Cassava once finished then squeeze out the juice using cheese cloth, air dried.
- Mix the grated cassava with brown sugar and grated coconut altogether.
- Stuff them in your Tin molds and steam. If the Tin molds are not available you can use Muffin pan or wrap it with banana leaves as substitute.
- Steam for about 15 to 25 minutes.
- Once cooked you can spread butter or margarine, some like it with a little Mascuvado on top.
- Serve it hot with Hot Choco drink or Coffee.
Ready to serve Puto Lanson Recipe