Last Updated on
How to cook Minatamis na Langka or Sweetened Jackfruit
Jackfruit is a tropical fruit that can be eaten ripe or unripe or preserved in sugar syrup. Minatamis na Langka or Sweetened Jackfruits adds a distinct flavour in dishes, it is used as condiments, especially in desserts like Halo-halo or Turon – a Filipino delicacy usually served as a merienda or snack. Jackfruits can be purchased peeled and sliced – by kilos, or even canned.
Learn how to cook this mouth-watering and very easy to prepare, Minatamis na Langka Recipe or sweetened jackfruit recipe.
Minatamis na Langka or Sweetened Jackfruits Ingredients:
- 3 cups fresh jackfruits, washed
- 1½ cups water
- 1 cup refine sugar
Minatamis na Langka or Sweetened Jackfruits Cooking Instructions:
- In a saucepan pour 1 cup of water and bring to boil over a medium heat.
- Wash the Langka (jackfruits) well and add in the boiling water for a minute or two.
- Remove jackfruits with a slotted spoon and place on a bowl and set aside.
- Add in the remaining half cup of water, refine sugar, and continue to simmer without stirring it.
- When the sugar dissolves completely and turns into a light syrup, fire off.
- Pour the syrup over the reserve jackfruit and let it cool.
- Put in a clean jar or container and refrigerate.