Last Updated on
How to make Mocha Cookie Crumble Icebox Cake
A mocha cookie crumble icebox cake sounds complicated but it’s actually extremely easy to make, there’s no excuse you won’t try it now. All because this mouth watering frozen dessert is a NO-BAKE.
This simple yet decadent recipe has been adapted from Ina Garten of the Barefoot Contessa but still maintained its crumbly and creamy quality. Just assemble either home-made or store-bought cookies or graham crackers, and mocha-coffee flavored whipped cream filling. Layer them upon each other and finish it with a caramel syrup or chocolate ganache on top to make it even more to-die-for. Let it set overnight until the cake absorbs all the cream filling and hold its shape pretty well.
So prepare this super easy Mocha Cookie Crumble Icebox Cake Recipe on any special occasion especially this upcoming holiday season. Just refrigerate so it can last with you for up to 2 weeks.
Learn how to make Mocha Cookie Crumble Icebox Cake from our video :
Mocha Cookie Crumble Icebox Cake Recipe by Filipino Recipes Portal:
Mocha Cookie Crumble Icebox Cake Recipe
- 1 box 200g Frosty Whip Cream Powder, whipped according to package
- 1 sachet 2g Nescafe Classic
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder sifted
- ¾ cup cold water
- 1 250ml nestle all-purpose cream, chilled
- ¼ –½ cup sweetened condensed milk according to taste
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 pack 200g honey graham crackers
- 50 g dark chocolate chips
- 10 pcs. Oreo Cookies roughly crushed (discard cream filling)
- A drizzle of chocolate syrup or caramel syrup on top
- Prepare a 7×11 inches baking dish or any similar container and set aside. I prefer to use a 7×11 glass dish because it gives your icebox cake a Wow Yummy Look and perfectly fit for a single pack of graham crackers. In this recipe all we need is to whip our trusted Frosty Whip Cream Powder with coffee powder and add with lots of crushed Oreo cookies and chocolate chips.
- In a mixing bowl, combine frosty whip cream powder, coffee powder, unsweetened cocoa powder and cold water, then whipped until light and double in size. Add in chilled all-purpose cream, condensed milk and a pinch of salt and mix until well combine. At this point you can taste test your cream and adjust the sweetness according to your taste. Divide the whipped cream mixture into 3 parts, so you can have a 3-layer Mocha Cookie Crumble Icebox Cake.
- To assemble the Mocha Cookie Crumble Icebox Cake, first you have to arrange graham crackers in your baking dish. Lay the crackers flat and even until you cover the whole bottom of the pan. Use knife or your clean fingers to cut and trim off excess crackers, if needed. Pour 1 part of the mocha cream mixture on top of graham crackers and spread evenly. Scatter 1/3 part of crushed Oreo cookies and dark chocolate chips on top of your cream.
- Place another layer of graham crackers, followed by mocha cream and scatter some more crushed Oreo cookies, dark chocolate chips and repeat process for the last time, ending with a drizzle of chocolate syrup on top. Chill for 8 hours or overnight to set completely before serving. Slice, Serve and Enjoy!
For sure, this Mocha Cookie Crumble Icebox Cake Recipe will be a huge hit! Love at first bite is for reals.