How to make Kinilaw Na Tanigue
Kinilaw or Kilawin means to cook in vinegar, Kinilaw is a Filipino way of cooking that is similar to South American ceviche . They both rely on the sour agent of lime, lemon or vinegar to cook the raw fish.
Kinilaw Na Tanigue Recipe is like sushi but tastes even better, it is consist of raw fish Tanigue mixed with vinegar and other ingredients. The most important thing in this recipe is to make sure that you will use fresh Tanigue available because the taste of this dish depends on the freshness of the fish itself.
Kinilaw Na Tanigue by Filipino Recipes Portal
Kinilaw Na Tanigue Recipe
- 1 kg skinned fresh Tanigue or sea bass must be cubed into bite size pieces
- 1 cup of kakang gata coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons finely minced garlic
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
- 5 diced tomatoes
- 1 cup finely minced onion
- 3 tablespoons finely minced ginger root
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- jalapeno peppers
- 1/4 cup spring onion minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Red salted Egg for garnish
- Wash the fresh Tanigue or sea bass fillets and remove any remaining skin and bones. Cut into one-inch cubes.
- Place in a bowl and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Pour in the vinegar and mix well. Marinate fish in vinegar for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Drain the fish and mix well with lime juice and all other ingredients.
- Then chill for another 20 minutes.
- Pour in the coconut cream, mix well then put the sliced Red salted Egg and spring onion on top, serve cold.
Kilawin or Kinilaw Na Tanigue Recipe is a very popular “pulutan” in the Philippines.
Updated : Jun 9, 2017 @ 10:25
Posted : April 26, 2011 @ 11:00:55