Last Updated on July 13, 2016 by Ed Joven
How to cook Easy Chocolate Cupcakes
Chocolate Cupcakes are the ultimate party food. These chocolate cupcakes come out very moist and taste really great. A Chocolate Cupcake Recipe that is very quick and easy to make.
Cupcakes may come in many flavors, but chocolate is still a real favorite. The Chocolate Cupcake gets its lovely favor from Dutch-processed cocoa powder that has been dissolved in hot water to bring out its full flavor. Dutch processed cocoa powder or Alkalized Unsweetened Cocoa Powder is cocoa that has been treated with an alkali to neutralize its acids.
Here is Pinoy Recipe’s version of easy to cook Chocolate Cupcakes…. See the recipe below.
Easy Chocolate Cupcakes Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup (50 grams) Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (240 ml) boiling hot water
- 1 1/3 cups (175 grams) all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup (200 grams) granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
Vanilla Butter Cream Frosting:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 6-8 cups of powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
Easy Chocolate Cupcakes Cooking Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly butter, or line 16 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a small bowl stir until smooth the boiling hot water and the cocoa powder. Let cool to room temperature.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Then in the bowl of your electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Beat in the vanilla extract. Add the flour mixture and beat only until incorporated. Then add the cooled cocoa mixture and stir until smooth.
- Fill each muffin cup about two-thirds full with batter and bake for about 16 – 20 minutes or until risen, springy to the touch, and a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean. (Do not over bake or the cupcakes will be dry.) Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool. Once the cupcakes have completely cooled, frost with icing. You can either spread the frosting on the cupcakes with a small spatula or if piping, use a large Wilton 1M open star tip to make lovely swirls.
- These cupcakes are best the day they are made, but can be covered and stored for a few days.
Makes about 16 cupcakes.
Vanilla Butter cream Frosting:
- In an electric mixing bowl fitted with the paddle attachment or if you don’t have an electric mixing bowl use a large bowl and an electric mixer, mix the butter until smooth and creamy (a few minutes).
- Add 4 cups of the sugar, the milk and vanilla and on low speed mix until combined.
- Add two more cups of sugar and on low speed mix until light and fluffy. If you need to, add the remaining two cups of powdered sugar.
Makes enough frosting for about 2 dozen cupcakes
Tips: When mixing together the buttercream frosting ingredients, be aware that powdered sugar is very light and will get into the air. You will know this is happening because when you breathe in you will feel and taste a sweetness in your breath. To avoid this, place a clean dish towel over the mixing bowl.
This is the ready to serve Easy Chocolate Cupcakes with Butter cream Frosting topped with Cherries