How to cook Filipino Pork Barbeque Skewers
Filipino Pork Barbeque Skewers Recipe is a very popular street food in the Philippines. This is an appetizing food and everybody loves this, you can find it in every sidewalk here in the Philippines. Filipino’s eat this as a snack, a meal or simply as pulutan. Of all the Filipino food, this is the well-loved outdoor dish.
Filipino Pork Barbeque Skewers is simple to make, it has a sweet, salty smoked flavor, cut thinly into bite size pieces, skewered in bamboo sticks and usually cooked over charcoal.
Try this version of Filipino Pork Barbeque Skewers Recipe it is so tender, flavorful and deliciously mouth-watering.
Filipino Pork Barbeque Skewers on Stick Ingredients and Cooking Procedure:
Filipino Pork Barbeque Skewers Recipe (Pork BBQ on Stick)
- 1 kg. Pork
- 20 bamboo skewers
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 head garlic minced
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup of calamansi juice or lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of 7up sprite or beer (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons of brown or white sugar
- 1/2 cup of banana or tomato catchup
- Cut pork meat into thin and long slices - 1/4 inches thick and less than 2 inches wide.
- In a mixing bowl, marinate the cut pork with the soy sauce, minced garlic, chopped onions, calamansi juice, ground pepper, sugar, banana catsup and the soda or beer (this tenderizes and adds flavour to the pork barbeque)
- Mix well and keep in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes (turning occasionally).
- Prepare the bamboo skewers by removing splinters and soaking in water to reduce burning during barbeque.
- String the pork on the skewers.
- Over live charcoals, barbeque the pork on skewers until each barbeque is cooked - turning every few minutes on each side and basting the leftover marinate on the barbeque.
Try this tender, flavorful and deliciously mouth-watering Filipino Pork Barbeque Skewers Recipe.