Last Updated on
Cassava Delight Dessert made at home
Cassava Delight Recipe is a classic dessert that is loved by a lot of Filipinos. Although it can be considered a cake, it does not use regular ingredients such as baking powder, icing or flour. Instead, the main ingredient in making this delight recipe is tapioca or grated cassava which is a root shrub. Knowing cassava, they are rich in vitamins and minerals which are perfect for almost everyone.
Nevertheless, this Cassava Delight Dessert is a tasty and delectable one that can be included in your favorite list.
Cassava Delight Ingredients:
- 2 cups cassava, boiled, peeled and mashed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract (optional)
- extra chilled butter, for garnish
- wax paper, for wrapping (optional)
Cassava Delight Instructions:
- In a heavy saucepan, place flour, sugar and milk then stir well to dissolve the flour and sugar.
- Cook the mixture over a low heat and keep on stirring.
- Add vanilla extract, egg yolks and butter or margarine stir to blend thoroughly.
- Lastly, add in the mashed cassava and stir constantly until thickened, then remove from the heat.
- Transfer in a prepared square or rectangle pan, flatten it with a spatula to make it even.
- Cover cassava delight with a plastic food wrap.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes to cool down before you slice.
- You can slice on whatever size you want and simply serve it in a plate top with butter or margarine.
- Or you can either slice it and place it in wax paper for easy handling or place in a banana leaf to look more appealing and authentic.
Cassava Delight Recipe is a tasty and delectable dessert!