Last Updated on November 1, 2018 by Ed Joven
How to cook Baked Tahong or Baked Mussels
Baked Tahong Recipe with butter-garlic and quick melt cheese topping are a perfect match food made in heaven, plus they are super-easy to cook and great for ‘Pulutan’ (finger food for drinking sessions). This Baked Tahong dish will have you sliding mussels in your mouth, one after another. Green mussels are readily available in the frozen section of many supermarkets or in the local wet markets.
Mussels are a high protein food source. They’re low fat content makes them potentially healthier than other protein sources, such as beef, which can contain a lot of saturated fat. Mussels are also an excellent source of vitamin B12 and selenium, which is an essential micro-nutrient. Mussels are a very good source of omega-3 fatty acids and are considered an excellent seafood choice.
Try this easy, super appetizing and delicious Baked Tahong Recipe, it’s very quick and absolutely yummy.
Baked Tahong Ingredients and Cooking Procedure:
Baked Tahong Recipe (Baked Mussels)
- 1 kilo fresh large tahong mussels
- 1/2 cup butter
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup grated cheese Quick Melt type
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Place tahong(mussels) on a pan (no water), cover and cook over moderate heat.
- When shells open up, drain.
- Remove top shell.
- Melt butter, add minced garlic.
- Stir for 3 minutes.
- Brush each tahong meat with butter-garlic mixture, top with grated cheese and cover with bread crumbs.
- Arrange tahong (mussels) on a baking sheet.
- Bake in pre-heated oven with a low heat (250F).
- Bake for 10 - 15 minutes
This Baked tahong (mussels) recipe is very easy to cook just top them with as much cheddar cheese as you like!