Last Updated on November 1, 2018 by Ed Joven
Learn how to cook Adobong Kangkong
Adobong Kangkong Recipe is a simple vegetable dish that is considered a staple in many Filipino homes. This dish is made up of Kangkong Leaves or Water Spinach it is also known as Swamp Cabbage. Adobo is an authentic Filipino recipe, the ingredients are easy to find and not expensive.
Here in the Philippines, water spinach grows easily in watery places so you can always see these on the market. This dish is cheap but very delicious, it can be an appetizer or and can be your main dish as well, it is best served with hot white rice.
Adobong Kangkong Ingredients and Cooking Procedure:
Adobong Kangkong Recipe
- 1 big bowl of kangkong river spinach
- 1/4 kilo of pork cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup of vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 5 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 onion diced
- 2 laurel leaves bay leaves
- 1 cup pork stock broth or bouillon pork cube dissolved in water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Saute garlic and onions in a big pan then add the pork.
- Allow the pork to brown and oil for a few minutes.
- Add a cup of pork stock (or bouillon cube dissolved in water or plain water), laurel leaves, soy sauce, some salt and bring to a boil.
- Let simmer then add the vinegar. Do not stir for 5 minutes.
- Add the kangkong stalks first and cook for 1 minute then add the kangkong leaves.
- Continue cooking until the vegetable is done.
- Serve hot with rice.
- Instead of kangkong, this recipe can be used to cook other vegetables like eggplant, spinach, cabbage, string beans or any other vegetable.
Adobong Kangkong is very easy to cook and a very delicious Filipino dish! Try it out!