GD Star Rating
Fish Sarciado Recipe, the mixture of garlic and onions and tomatoes enhances the flavor of the sautÃ©ed fish.
Preparation time: 35 mins marinating
Cooking time: 15 to 20 minutes
Fish Sarciado Ingredients:
1 kilo fish fillets (sole, red snapper or sea bass)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup vegetable or corn oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 cup minced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon patis (fish sauce) or salt
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
Fish Sarciado Cooking Instructions:
Fish Sarciado Recipe (Fried Fish Steaks),
- Season the fish with salt and lemon juice. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet, using half the oil, fry the fillets until they are light brown on both sides.
- Drain on absorbent paper towel.
- In another large skillet, saute garlic in remaining oil until light brown, then onion until transparent and tomatoes until soft.
- Add pepper, water and patis or salt.
- Simmer until a saucy consistency is achieved.
- Add the fried fish to the sauce.
- Cover the skillet and cook for 2 minutes, turning the fillets once.
- Serve hot, garnished with scallions.
Filipino Recipes Portal Content is now Protected and Monitored by:
Recommended Filipino Recipe Books:
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipes:
Request a Filipino Recipe here>>>
Join PinoyRecipe.net's Monthly Giveaway Contest >>>