Last Updated on January 17, 2017 by Ed Joven
How to cook Fish Sarciado (Sarciadong Isda)
Fish Sarciado Recipe also known as Sarciadong isda recipe is a delicious and easy to cook Filipino seafood dish that consist of pan fried fish like tilapia, galunggong or dalagang bukid in a combination of sautéed fresh tomato and egg.
Sarciadong Isda (Fried Fish Steaks) Ingredients by Pinoy Recipe dot net:
- 1 kilo fish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup vegetable or corn oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 cup minced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon patis (fish sauce) or salt
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
Fish Sarciado (Fried Fish Steaks) Cooking Procedure:
- Season the fish with salt and lemon juice. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet, using half the oil, fry the fillets until they are light brown on both sides.
- Drain on absorbent paper towel.
- In another large skillet, saute garlic in remaining oil until light brown, then onion until transparent and tomatoes until soft.
- Add pepper, water and patis or salt.
- Simmer until a saucy consistency is achieved.
- Add the fried fish to the sauce.
- Cover the skillet and cook for 2 minutes, turning the fillets once.
- Serve hot, garnished with scallions.