How to cook Embutido the famous Filipino Meatloaf
Embutido Recipe is a kind of meatloaf prepared in Filipino style. This is a well known dish in fact you will always see this in every Filipino table during special occasions and holidays.
Embutido is steamed or baked, wrapped in aluminum foil. There are many ingredients needed in this recipe such as ground pork, some hotdogs or sausages, hard boiled eggs, pickle relish, raisins, carrots, cheese, bell peppers, onions and some spices. This dish can be served hot with rice along with your favorite chili sauce or cold as an appetizer.
Embutido can be stored in a fridge and will last for a month.
- 1/2 kilo lean ground pork
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1 cup (6 slices) finely chopped (sweet or cooked) ham
- 3 tbsp. minced green bell pepper
- 3 tbsp. minced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 3 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- dash of liquid seasoning
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- slices (wedges) of hard-cooked eggs
- slices (wedges) of Vienna sausage
- aluminum foil, 10″ x 12″ sizes
- Prepare a steamer and set aside. Alternatively, prepare a baking pan and a wire rack and preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix until well blended.
- Divide the mixture into 2 to 4 portions (depending on how many you want to make).
- Spread and flatten the mixture onto the center of each foil, divide the slices of hard cook eggs and Vienna sausages.
- Place each slices at the center of each mixture. Hold the foil onto your hand and roll until the ends of the mixture covers the eggs and sausages. Alternatively, by holding each ends of the foil, roll the mixture back and forth until it covers the slices of eggs and sausages in the center.
- Finally, roll the aluminum foil into a tightly packed log about 1″ to 2″ in diameter, sealing on both ends. Repeat with the remaining pork mixture.
- Place the embutido in a steamer and steam for an hour. Alternatively, place embutido in a wire rack on a baking pan, half filled with hot water.
- Cover with aluminum foil (Be sure the steam will not escape). Steam-bake in the center of the oven for an hour.
- Remove from the oven. Let it cool and slice into rings. Serve with your favorite catsup or sauces.
- Refrigerate unused embutido.
Embutido Recipe is more delicious when served hot with rice along with your favorite chili sauce.
Filipino Recipes Portal Content is now Protected and Monitored by:
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipe:
Next - Fried Tilapia in Thai Sauce Recipe >>
Request a Filipino Recipe here>>>
Join PinoyRecipe.net's Monthly Giveaway Contest >>>