Last Updated on December 3, 2014 by Ed Joven
How to make Pinoy Style Hash Browns
Hash Browns Recipe Pinoy Style is the Filipino version of making hash browns instead of potatoes, we are going to use sweet potato. Sweet potatoes have lots of good-quality fiber, iron, mag¬nesium and a good source of vitamin C and high in vitamin B6 which makes this dish very nutritious.
Hash Browns are traditionally made with pan-fried potatoes and it is a staple food in the United States. This Hash Browns Pinoy Style Recipe is a simple dish, yet an excellent breakfast treat. This dish cooks very quickly because the sweet potatoes are grated, you may make these all the time because sweet potatoes are cheaper and it tastes so appetizing.
Hash Browns Pinoy Style Ingredients:
- 4 1/2 cups grated Sweet potato (Kamote)
- 1 1/4 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 250ml All Purpose Cream
- 1/2 cup of fried Bacon, minced
- 2 pcs eggs
- 2 cups Bread crumbs
- Canola cooking oil, for deep frying
Hash Browns Pinoy Style Cooking Instructions:
- In a large bowl, mix kamote, all purpose cream, cheese, eggs and bacon.
- Shape about 1/3 cup of kamote Hash brown mixture using your palm into a rectangular shape, with the size of about 4 inches long and half inch thick.
- Dredge the shaped hash brown in the bread crumbs.
- Heat the Canola oil and Deep fry the hash brown until brown.
- Drain oil using paper towels and serve.
Make delicious and the best Pinoy Style Hash Browns from scratch with this recipe.