Last Updated on April 24, 2014 by Ed Joven
How to cook Tokwa Guisado
Tokwa Guisado Recipe or Ginisang Tokwa is a healthy and easy to prepare dish which you may often see on the tables of Filipino households as well as in small eateries, it is cheap but very delicious.
Cooking Tokwa Guisado is quick and very time efficient, you just have to sauté the ingredients. The good thing about this dish is that the ingredients used are packed with nutrients which are ideal to serve for the family. Tofu is an excellent substitute for meat which helps lower bad cholesterol and has calcium which makes our bones stronger. Consuming tofu regularly can also lower the risk of cancer.
Try this Ginisang Tokwa which has full of flavor and protein and embrace the health benefits of tofu with this Pinoy recipe.
Tokwa Guisado Ingredients:
- 350 g tokwa (or tofu), cubed
- 1 tsp garlic
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 cup baguio beans,sliced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small BROCCOLI, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 pc siling labuyo (optional)
- 1 large chayote (sayote), cored and sliced
- shrimp bouillon
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper
Tokwa Guisado Cooking Instructions:
- In a large pot, saute the garlic and onion
- Pour the 3/4 cup water and add shrimp bouillon then bring to a boil.
- Add baguio beans then cover the pot and simmer for 1 minute.
- Add the chayote, carrots, siling labuyo and bell pepper.
- Cover the pot and simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are cooked
- Add the oyster sauce, broccoli and tokwa and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Dilute the cornstarch in 1/4 cup of water then pour mixture in the pot. Mix well.
- Serve hot with Garlic rice.
Tokwa Guisado Recipe has full of flavor and protein, it is a healthy and easy to prepare.