How to cook Sweet and Sour Pork
Sweet and Sour Pork Recipe is a Chinese dish, a popular Cantonese cuisine and often seen on menus in restaurants around the world. Now there’s no need to order takeout of this tasteful dish when you can do this in your own kitchen. Follow these quick and easy steps on how to cook Sweet and Sour Pork Recipe surely you will enjoy this flavorsome dish! It is made up of sliced pork, cut into serving pieces, marinated and dredged in cornstarch or flour and then deep-fried until golden and crispy.
The sweet and sour sauce is made from rice vinegar, brown sugar and ketchup. Vegetables like red and green bell pepper, carrots, and red onions are used to add flavor and complements the pork which makes this dish more delightful.
Sweet & Sour Pork Ingredients:
- 1/2 kilo pork-loin, cut into pieces
- 1 small can Pineapple chunks
- 1 large Onion, cut into quartered
- 1 green bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 red bell peppers, cut into strips
- 2 tbsps. Soy sauce
- 3 tbsps. Canola oil
- 4 tbsps. Cornstarch
- 3 tbsps. Tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 cup white Vinegar
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 cups Water
Sweet and Sour Pork Cooking Instructions:
- In a deep pan, add pork and pour 2 cups of water, add salt, then apply heat and bring to a boil until the pork is tender, then drain and set aside the stock.
- In a separate wide bowl add soy sauce and cornstarch, mix together then coat the pork.
- Fry the coated pork in a frying pan until golden brown then set aside.
- In a 1/2 cup of Pork stock dissolve the remaining cornstarch then set aside.
- In another pot, add oil then saute onions and garlic.
- Add-in pineapple chunks including the syrup, bell peppers, , ketchup, sugar, vinegar, dissolved cornstarch, and salt
- Stir well until the sauce thickens.
- Place the fried pork in a platter then pour-in the sweet and sour sauce.
- Best served with Hot steamed rice
Sweet and Sour Pork Recipe is a popular Chinese cuisine and often seen on menus in Philippine restaurants.