Last Updated on November 1, 2018 by Ed Joven
How to cook Spicy Chili Chicken Wings
Historians say that the Chicken Wing dish started in 1964 when a restaurant owner from New York received a surplus of chicken wings. Though the owner had the option to mix the chicken in a soup, she did not chicken out but thought of doing something else. Thus, the so-called Buffalo Wing was created. But if you are looking for a recipe that raises the bar in terms of taste, this Spicy Chili Chicken Wings Recipe brings more spice to your eating pleasure.
This Spicy Chili Chicken Wings Recipe is a great source of protein and helps reduce the risk of cancer. With the main ingredient being easily available, you can cook this recipe any time you fancy. This would be a great treat while watching TV with matching beer on the side.
When you serve this Spicy Chili Chicken Wings for lunch or dinner make sure to have generous amount of drinking water within reach because this can be a hot one.
Spicy Chili Chicken Wings by Filipino Recipes Portal:
Spicy Chili Chicken Wings Recipe
- 20 chicken wings tips removed, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 1/2 cups rice or cider vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 6 tablespoons Chinese plum sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons or to taste finely chopped fresh red, jalapeño or serrano chili, with seeds
- 3 tablespoons finely minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro for garnish
- Prepare the sauce: Combine all the sauce ingredients in a small, heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, reduce to medium-low and simmer, stirring constantly to blend the flavors, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature. Puree in a food processor until nearly smooth. (Makes 3 cups.) Store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Using a sharp knife, separate the chicken wings at the joint. Set aside.
- Place the chicken wings in a large bowl and toss well with 1 1/2 cups of the sauce. Lay the chicken wings in a single layer on 2 or 3 baking sheets (do not overcrowd them). Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, basting once or twice with additional sauce. Place the wings on a platter, sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
Spicy Chili Chicken Wings is great with a nice dip to make the dish more endearing to your taste buds.