Inihaw na Baboy Recipe in English translates to Grilled Pork Barbecue, this dish is one of food recipes that every Filipino loves to eat and served with regular meals or special occasions like birthdays or Christmas and New Year.
It is best to char-grilled the pork because charcoal gives an added taste to the dish. Best served with spicy dipping sauce with garlic rice.
Makes 5 servings
Inihaw na Baboy (Grilled Pork) Ingredients:
- 1 kilo pork belly ( Sliced )
- 3 tbps brown sugar
- Cloves of 1 head of garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- Ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup 7-Up or Sprite
1 onion, finely diced
1 cup vinegar
1/2 cup Silverswan soy sauce
Ground Black pepper
1 sliced finger chili or siling haba (optional)
Inihaw na Baboy (Grilled Pork) Cooking Instructions:
- Combine Sprite or 7-Up, vinegar, garlic, sugar and pepper in a bowl then add the Pork Belly.
- Marinate 1 to 3 hours in refrigerator.
- When ready to cook, drain pork and discard marinade. Heat grill to medium and grill pork until thoroughly cooked, about 15 minutes on the first side and another 15 minutes on the second side..
- To make the Dip, combine the onion, vinegar, soy sauce and pepper in a bowl.
- Stir to blend. If you want a spicy dip, add the sliced chili.
- Serve the Inihaw na Baboy (grilled pork) with the dip and cooked white rice.
Filipino Grilled Marinated Pork