Last Updated on
How to cook Halabos na Hipon Recipe
Halabos na Hipon Recipe is a Filipino traditional dish and it is one of the easiest way of cooking shrimp or prawns where the tail, head and everything else is intact, it does not require much time to cook this dish.
The shrimps must be cooked real fast because it can get tough if overcooked, the shell will get stuck to the body and it is difficult to pull out and the flesh will be chewy and rubbery. This dish can be an appetizer and a main dish as well, dipped in hot and spicy vinegar, along with hot rice.
Here is how to cook this delicious Halabos Na Hipon Recipe.
Halabos na Hipon Ingredients:
- 1/2 Kilo fresh shrimps or prawns
- 1/2 can 7-Up or Sprite
- 1 head garlic, minced
- Canola oil
- salt and pepper
- scallions for garnish
Halabos na Hipon Cooking Instructions:
- Heat a frying pan on high heat then and add oil.
- Sauté garlic then add shrimps. Give it a quick stir don’t cook it yet.
- Add the Soda(7up or Sprite) bring it to a boil until it is reduced.
- Make sure you are in high heat to reduce the liquid faster, if you do this in low heat the shrimps might overcook and the shrimp shell will stick on the meat making it hard to eat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with scallions then Serve hot.
Halabos na Hipon Recipe is a delicious appetizer and great when dipped in hot and spicy vinegar.