Last Updated on December 28, 2014 by Ed Joven
How to make Almond Jelly with Lychee Dessert
Almond Jelly with Lychee Recipe is a popular Chinese dessert believe to have originated in Southern China. Although this dish is not a traditional Filipino food, it is now popular in many Chinese restaurants in the Philippines. The reason we made this and shared the recipe because my wife and I, love the taste of this dessert and I’m sure you will love it too.
The creamy white jelly is made with almond essence and milk. Aside from lychee you can also serve it with canned fruit cocktail with syrup or with any fresh fruit.
Almond Jelly with Lychee is easy to make in the comfort of your own home, no need to go to a Chinese restaurant to be able to have this refreshing dessert!
Almond Jelly with Lychee Dessert Ingredients:
- 2 1/4 cups of Fresh milk
- 1/4 cup White sugar
- 1 can of Lychees in syrup(565g)
- 2 envelopes of Unflavored gelatin powder(Knox)
- 1 teaspoon Almond extract
- 1/2 gallon Vanilla ice cream
- 1 bottle Maraschino Cherry, for toppings
Almond Jelly with Lychee Instructions:
- Mix the sugar and 1 1/2 cups fresh milk in a saucepan and bring it to a boil, then bring the heat to low while stirring, to dissolve the sugar. Turn off the heat when the sugar completely dissolves.
- In a 8×8 baking pan pour the remaining cold fresh milk and add 2 tbsps. of Lychee syrup.
- Dissolve the Knox gelatin powder in the mixture then pour and mix the heated milk and the gelatin mixture, stir well until completely combined.
- Add-in the almond extract, mix and let it cool for 10 minutes, then refrigerate for 3 hours until it set firm.
- Slice the almond jelly into small cubes.
- Add-in the lychee with the syrup in the same baking pan.
- Chill the Almond Jelly with Lychee for one hour then serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Top it with a Maraschino Cherry.
Almond Jelly with Lychee Recipe is a refreshing Chinese dessert that is easy to make.