Send this Recipe to a Friend...
GD Star Rating
Crispy Kangkong Recipe – Kangkong or river spinach contains beta carotene, Vitamin A, Iron, phosphorus and thiamin. Here’s a tip on buying kangkong, make sure you choose those with large, unblemished leaves that are deep green color.
Crispy Kangkong Ingredients:
- 1 bundle of kangkong
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (asin)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (paminta)
- 1 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- cooking oil
For Mayonnaise Dip:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3-4 drops Maggi Savor liquid seasoning
- Dash of pepper
Crispy Kangkong Cooking Instructions:
- Remove the kangkong leaves. Wash in water and dry. Use the stems in other recipes (e.g. Sinigang or Apan apan recipe).
- Mix the egg, water, cornstarch, flour, salt and pepper in a bowl. Add the kangkong leaves and mix until all the leaves are coated with the batter.
- Heat cooking oil in a pan. Fry the leaves until crispy and golden brown. Strain the cooked pieces for excess oil.
- Serve with Mayonnaise Dip
An alternative to kangkong is spinach which is gaining popularity in most of the Filipino specialty restaurants as an appetizer. Dip in mayonnaise.
Crispy Kangkong Recipe (River Spinach),
Tags: Crispy Kangkong
Filipino Recipes Portal Content is now Protected and Monitored by:
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipes:
Highly Recommended Filipino Recipe Books:
Request a Filipino Recipe here>>>
Join PinoyRecipe.net's Monthly Giveaway Contest >>>