How to cook Cathedral Windows
Cathedral Windows Recipe is a Christmas dessert with different colored jello embedded in the creamy mold. The name obviously derive from the appearance of the dessert, but some also call this Stained Glass dessert. This Filipino dessert is made famous by Goldilocks Bakeshop in the Philippines.
We used the Ferna brand Gelatin because the other brands that we tried was a failure, the creamy mold could not hold the embedded jello’s or you can use the Knox brand but a little more expensive.
Try this PinoyRecipe version of Cathedral Windows Recipe and give us your feedback.
Cathedral Windows Ingredients:
- Ferna Grape Flavored Gelatin, 1 pack (100g )
- Ferna Strawberry Flavored Gelatin, 1 pack (100g )
- Ferna Pandan Flavored Gelatin, 1 pack (100g)
- Boiling Water, 3 cups
- Tap Water, 3 cups
Base or Binder Gelatin:
- Ferna Unflavored Gelatin, 7 tbsp
- 3 Egg Yolks
- Water, 1/2 cup
- 2 cups whipping cream
- White Sugar, 1/2 cup
- 1 tsp Kalamansi juice or Lemon juice
Cathedral Windows Cooking Instructions:
- Dissolve each pack of Ferna Flavored Gelatin Powder in 1 cup boiling water (If using Knox brand Gelatin just following the packets directions)
- Add 1 cup tap water to each flavored gelatin. Stir.
- Pour on separate containers. Chill flavored gelatin to set preferably overnight.
- When the flavored Gelatin is set cut into small cubes then combine all the colored Gelatin in a big bowl, toss together all the cubes and refrigerate to set.
- In a bowl, whisk together egg yolks, kalamansi or lemon juice and sugar until they appear lemon yellow in color.
- In another bowl, dissolve the unflavored gelatin in 1/2 cup water. Add this into the egg yolk mixture while continuously beating with the whisk. When well blended, pour into a sauce pan and cook over low flame let stand for at least 5 minutes until it thickens and coats the spoon. Set aside.
- Beat the whipped cream. Pour the heated gelatin-egg mixture (while still hot) into the whipping cream and continue beating.
- Cool before using.
- Pour a small amount of the gelatin on a glass dish enough to cover the dish’s bottom.
- Randomly drop the cubed gelatin on the bottom of the glass dish so as to create a multicolored design on the finished product.
- Pour the base gelatin on the dish to cover the flavored gelatin.
- Chill gelatin to set.
- To server invert Cathedral Windows mold onto a plate. Slice and serve!
Ready to serve Cathedral Windows
Cathedral Windows Recipe,
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipe:
Next - Bacon Cheese Egg Cups Recipe >>
Request a Filipino Recipe here>>>
Join PinoyRecipe.net's Monthly Giveaway Contest >>>