Last Updated on January 18, 2017 by Ed Joven
How to cook Spicy Singaporean Fish Head Curry
Spicy Singaporean Fish Head Curry Recipe – the spices from the curry enhance the natural flavour of the head without overpowering it, together with ladies finger, long beans and cabbage, it’s a complete meal on its own.
Spicy Singaporean Fish Head Curry’s addictive gravy is made using a variety of spices normally found in Malay and Indian curries, not as tangy. The result is satisfying, a hot and mildly spicy gravy that titillates the tastebuds.
Spicy Singaporean Fish Head Curry Ingredients by Pinoy Recipe dot net:
- 2 big fish heads (sear or king fish), each chopped into 2 pieces
- 1/2 cup – thick Tamarind juice extracted from a Lime size ball of Tamarind
- 2 big onions, chopped finely
- 3 green chillies, slit lengthwise
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp – Ginger paste
- 1 tsp – Garlic paste
- 1/2 cup – ground Coconut or 1 cup – Coconut Milk
- 3 tsp – chilli powder
- 1 tsp – cumin powder
- 2 tsp – coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp – Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp – oil
Spicy Singaporean Fish Head Curry Cooking Procedure:
- Wash the fish heads well.
- Heat the oil in a shallow vessel and saute the onions and green chilies till slightly brown.
- Add the ginger and garlic paste, chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and chopped tomatoes and fry well for some time.
- Add the coconut, salt, tamarind juice and a little more water and bring to boil.
- Now add the fish heads and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and slit green chilies.