How to cook Fried Tilapia in Thai Sauce
Fried Tilapia in Thai Sauce Recipe makes an easy and delicious supper that goes really well with jasmine rice. Tilapia itself is a versatile and delicately flavored fish that is tastes even better with this truly Thai-flavored sauce. A variety of fish can be used in this recipe, such as halibut, cod, tilapia, basa, or any other white-fleshed fish.
Fried Tilapia in Thai Sauce is wonderful with rice, but equally good with potatoes, this easy fish recipe makes a great meal and is simple enough to fry up any night of the week.
Fried Tilapia in Thai Sauce Ingredients by Pinoy Recipe dot net:
- 2 pcs. medium sized Tilapia
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 spring onions , sliced
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- small piece fresh ginger , finely chopped
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- juice 1 lime , plus 1 lime chopped into wedges, to serve
- 2 red chilli , de-seeded and sliced
- handful Thai basil leaves or coriander leaves
Fried Tilapia in Thai Sauce Cooking Procedure:
- Coat the Tilapia fish in the cornflour, then set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan, sizzle the fillets for 2-3 mins on each side until crisp, then remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, briefly fry the spring onion, garlic and ginger, then add the soy sauce, brown sugar and lime juice and simmer until slightly syrupy.
- Spoon the sauce over the fish, scatter with chilli, Thai basil or coriander, then serve with the lime wedges.