Last Updated on January 15, 2017 by Ed Joven
How to cook Fried Tilapia in Thai Sauce
Fried Tilapia in Thai Sauce Recipe makes an easy and delicious supper that goes really well with jasmine rice. Tilapia itself is a versatile and delicately flavored fish that is tastes even better with this truly Thai-flavored sauce. A variety of fish can be used in this recipe, such as halibut, cod, tilapia, basa, or any other white-fleshed fish.
Fried Tilapia in Thai Sauce is wonderful with rice, but equally good with potatoes, this easy fish recipe makes a great meal and is simple enough to fry up any night of the week.
Fried Tilapia in Thai Sauce Ingredients by Pinoy Recipe dot net:
- 2 pcs. medium sized Tilapia
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 spring onions , sliced
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- small piece fresh ginger , finely chopped
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- juice 1 lime , plus 1 lime chopped into wedges, to serve
- 2 red chilli , de-seeded and sliced
- handful Thai basil leaves or coriander leaves
Fried Tilapia in Thai Sauce Cooking Procedure:
- Coat the Tilapia fish in the cornflour, then set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan, sizzle the fillets for 2-3 mins on each side until crisp, then remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, briefly fry the spring onion, garlic and ginger, then add the soy sauce, brown sugar and lime juice and simmer until slightly syrupy.
- Spoon the sauce over the fish, scatter with chilli, Thai basil or coriander, then serve with the lime wedges.