Last Updated on
How to make Cheese Cupcakes
If you are looking for something special and easy to prepare” baon” or school snack for the kids, this Filipino Cheese Cupcake Recipe would be it. This Cheese Cupcake is a popular and an all-time favorite school snack here in the Philippines. You may purchase these at supermarkets and bakeshops though sometimes it’s kind of hard and dry in texture.
Now here’s how to make the Filipino Cheese Cupcake, the cooking process is very easy definitely a “no sweat” recipe and the kids will absolutely love this to bring to school and can also be a great afternoon snack for you along with your favorite beverages or a hot cup of coffee.
This cupcake recipe is a little dense but moist and so delicious with a perfect combination of cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk and toasted grated cheese topping which brings a heavenly taste in every bite.
Cheese Cupcakes Ingredients
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 can (300ml) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbsp. fresh milk or water
- ½ cup cream cheese, at room temperature
- ¼ tsp. orange extract
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese, divided
Cheese Cupcakes Instructions:
- Preheat oven at 350F and line muffin pans with paper cups and set aside.
- Mix all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt, then sift together and set aside.
- Cream butter and caster sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add one egg at a time and beat well.
- Add condensed milk, water, cream cheese and beat well.
- Gradually add dry ingredients into the butter mixture and fold until just combine, do not over mix.
- Add half of the grated cheddar cheese and orange extract and mix to blend.
- Using an ice cream scoop, fill 2/3′s full each paper cup.
- Sprinkle each top with the remaining grated cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven for approximately 25-30 minutes.
- Fire off, transfer in a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- Serve will a iced cold softdrinks and enjoy.