Last Updated on October 6, 2014 by Ed Joven
How to cook Filipino style Peanut Brittle
Peanut Brittle Recipe, This peanut-flavored candy is surprisingly easy to make and yields huge portions for so little ingredients.
This Peanut Brittle has a delicious crunchy texture and sweet buttery flavor that melts in your mouth. This Filipino sweet dessert uses the most basic Peanut Brittle ingredients such as sugar, corn syrup, and peanuts.
Peanut Brittle Ingredients:
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups shelled and roasted peanuts
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 stick butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Baking sheet
- Aluminum foil
Peanut Brittle Cooking Instructions:
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine the sugar and water in a medium saucepan.
- Stir until the sugar is entirely moistened, then add the corn syrup and salt.
- Cook the candy over medium-high heat.
- At this point, add the peanuts and stir to combine.
- Continue to cook until mixture is vigorously boiling.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the butter, baking soda, and peanut butter.
- Mix until well-combined, and then pour onto the prepared pan.
- Spread the candy as thin as possible with a spatula or spoon and cool it to dry at room temperature. Once it is entirely cool, break it into small pieces to serve.
- This yields 10 servings.
- Store the brittle in an airtight container or plastic bag at room temperature.
Tips: Stretch the candy as thin as possible to make a thinner brittle that is easier to eat. Don’t forget, it takes less than a minute for the mixture to cool, so work fast.
Here’s the ready to serve Filipino Peanut Brittle Recipe