Last Updated on
Learn how to cook Nilupak na Kamoteng Kahoy
Nilupak is a very popular merienda recipe for Filipinos. Nilupak Recipe is made of mashed kamoteng kahoy (yucca root or cassava), you can also use kamote (sweet potato) or saging na saba with sugar or milk to taste.
Nilupak dessert is laden with butter or margarine and normally wrapped in banana leaf for packaging. The word “Nilupak” is actually meant “mash”, so this Pinoy Dessert’s name derived from its own method of preparing it.
Nilupak Ingredients and Cooking Procedure:
- 3 kg. kamoteng kahoy or cassava or yucca root cubed
- 2 cans of condensed milk
- 200 g grated coconut
- 4 tbsp. butter melted
- banana leaves wilted and cut into circles
- Peel and cut cassava into cubes, boil them until they become soft (not soggy).
- Mash it manually (or you can use blender).
- After mashing, transfer it in a deep pan.
- Add milk, grated coconut and butter into mixture.
- Mixed manually (in low heat), until well blended.
- Arrange on a platter (or in a banana leaf) and cut into desired shapes. Enjoy!
Try this Nilupak Recipe, very easy to prepare, delicious and nutritious Filipino Dessert.