How to make Mango Banana Smoothie
Mango Banana Smoothie Recipe Start your day with a flavorful and nutritious fruit smoothie. This drink is as delicious as breakfast, but also serves well as an afternoon snack or even a frosty dessert.
The tart and sweet taste of mango works well in smoothie recipes. As always, how much seasoning to add comes down to individual taste – feel free to vary the amount of honey.
Prep Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 20 minutes
Mango Banana Smoothie Ingredients
- 1 cup cubed peeled ripe mango
- 3/4 cup sliced ripe Lakatan banana, medium sized
- 2/3 cup fat-free fresh milk
- 1 tablespoon powdered skim milk (optional)
- 1 teaspoon honey or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Mango Banana Smoothie Prep Instructions:
- Arrange the mango cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet; freeze until firm (about 1 hour).
- Place frozen mango, Lakatan banana, fat-free fresh milk and the remaining ingredients in a blender.
- Process until smooth.
Freeze the cubed mango overnight in an airtight container to make this smoothie a snap to throw together (for variety, try substituting frozen berries for the mango). Remember to let frozen mango thaw for 15 minutes to soften slightly. The powdered milk is optional, but one tablespoon provides about 100 milligrams of calcium.
Here’s the ready to serve Mango Banana Smoothie Recipe