Last Updated on
How to make Indian Summer Salad
Indian Summer Salad Recipe is packed with antioxidants, this super-healthy, colourful Indian salad and is a very pretty and a simple healthy salad that features beautiful summer flavors.
While salads ideally belong to the first course of a meal, make them interestingly and they can pass off as a winning, main course candidate. During summers, the body’s energy level and appetite are naturally low and dealing with constant dehydration is the biggest dietary challenge. Salads are a light, refreshing, nutrient-packed meal that keeps one hydrated for long.
This easy to prepare Indian Summer Salad is a delicious treat during the hot season.
Indian Summer Salad Ingredients by Pinoy Recipe dot net:
- 3 carrots
- bunch radishes
- 2 courgettes
- half a small red onion
- small handful mint leaves, roughly torn
For the dressing:
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Indian Summer Salad Prep Procedure:
- Grate the carrots into a large bowl. Thinly slice the radishes and courgettes and finely chop the onion. Mix all the vegetables together in the bowl with the mint leaves.
- Whisk together the vinegar, mustard and mayonnaise until smooth, then gradually whisk in the oil.
- Taste and add salt and pepper, then drizzle over the salad and mix well.
- Leftovers will keep in a covered container in the fridge for up to 24 hrs.
- You can replace any of the veggies with any of the following: shredded fennel, thinly sliced raw broccoli or cauliflower, chopped red or yellow pepper, shredded mange tout or sugar snap peas