Last Updated on
How to cook Fish Kare Kare
Kare Kare is an authentic Philippine stew dish, flavored with thickened peanut sauce and traditionally cooked with stewed oxtail, beef tripe and occasionally with offal which refers to the variety of meats or internal organs. Meat variants may include goat meat or (rarely) chicken. It is usually eaten with bagoong or shrimp paste, spiced with chili and calamasi juice. Kare Kare is a well-loved dish by most Filipinos in fact it is always present in town fiestas, birthdays and any other special occasion especially in Tagalog Region.
Now we are going to have Fish Kare Kare Recipe it is a lot quicker to cook, without the hassle of stewing and a real budget saver. This dish is nutritious, rich in niacin that helps improve healthy skin and proper digestion. It is Rich in Niacin, promotes normal digestion and healthy skin. Don’t forget to try the Beef Kare Kare.
Fish Kare Kare Ingredients:
- 1 large Bangus, boneless, cut into 4 pcs
- 1 pc about 300 grams puso ng saging (banana heart), trimmed and sliced
- 1 pc large eggplant, sliced
- 1 tbsp atsuete juice
- 1 pouch (115 g) Tomato Sauce
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- 3 tbsp toasted peanuts, pounded
- 2 heads native pechay
- 1/2 tsp ginger juice
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 pc medium onion, chopped
- 1 pc beef bouillon cube
- 4 strings sitaw, cut into 2inch per piece
Fish Kare Kare Cooking Instructions:
- Sprinkle fish with ginger juice, 1/4 tsp iodized fine salt (or 1/4 tbsp iodized rock salt) and 1/8 tsp pepper.
- Coat each piece with cornstarch, then fry until golden brown. Set aside.
- Saute garlic, onion and bouillon cube.
- Add 1-3/4 cups water, sitaw, puso ng saging, eggplant and atsuete juice.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add Tomato Sauce, Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and fish. Simmer until pechay is cooked.
- Serve with bagoong alamang.
Fish Kare Kare Recipe it is a lot quicker to cook, without the hassle of stewing and a real budget saver.