Last Updated on
How to cook Buttery Tanigue
Buttery Tanigue Recipe is very easy to cook and a delicious seafood dish. Tanigue, known as Spanish Mackerel in English, is part of the Scombridae family of fishes with tuna, butterfly kingfish, and bonito. This bony fish does have ray-shaped fins. But if you’re asking whether it’s delicious? Well, make no bones about it. To upgrade its taste further, why not combine it with butter?
Now that’s something fishy but for all the good reasons. Mackerel is rich in Vitamin D which acts like a steroid hormone. Also, it has Omega-3 Fatty Acids which help in the optimal functioning of your brain and your body.
Meanwhile, butter is a great source of selenium which is a great antioxidant. It also contains other trace minerals such as Copper, Chromium, and Zinc. Butter is also a reliable source of good cholesterol. It also contains Glycospingolipids that protects the stomach from gastrotestinal infections. Beyond the health benefits that this recipe offers, the combination of ingredients makes it a gastronomic treat.
Try this delicious pan fried Buttery Tanigue Recipe made from Tanigue steaks (Spanish mackerel) with melted butter and fried garlic on top.
Buttery Tanigue by Filipino Recipes Portal:
Buttery Tanigue Recipe
- 2 slices Tanigue steak
- 1 tablespoon Liquid Seasoning
- 3 tbsp. butter melted
- 1/2 head garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tablespoon Canola cooking oil
- Rub Liquid Seasoning then the salt and pepper on the tanigue slices then let it stand to marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- In a frying pan stir-fry garlic with cooking oil until golden brown, then set aside.
- Place the butter in the fry-pan, allow it to melt, stirring occasionally, set aside.
- Using a nonstick pan, put the melted butter, pan-fry the Tanigue slices one at a time for about 3 minutes each side, make sure not to overcook to keep the fish a little bit juicier.
- Place in a serving dish top with fried Garlic.
- Garnish with Atsara.
Buttery Tanigue Recipe is very easy to cook and a delicious seafood dish.