Angry Mussels Recipe Pinoy Style, last week my wife and I was watching the Food Network and they featured the foods that chefs love to eat, at some point someone mentioned JCT Kitchen in Atlanta, US and their Angry Mussels.
When we heard that the mussels were cooked with a heap of bacon we tuned in solid. After the show I searched the web to get the recipe of Angry Mussels, we learned that JCT Kitchen cooks their mussels with a load of slab bacon and fresh chilies. Slab bacon is not always available in the Philippine supermarket but you can always find Bacon rashers, so we used this for our own recipe.
The best thing about Angry Mussels Recipe is, it’s too easy to cook, just saute, steam and eat.
Angry Mussels Ingredients (adapted from JCT Kitchen) :
- 1/2 kilo mussels or tahong
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 250 gram bacon rashers
- 1 medium sized red onion
- 1 Red chili peppers or 1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper
- parsley for garnish or scallions
- 2 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste
Angry Mussels Cooking Instructions:
- Clean mussels, brush the shells thoroughly then dry.
- Slice bacon rashers into strips then crispy fry.
- Remove bacon, add butter on the same pan, then saute garlic, onions and chili peppers.
- Add the Mussels and white wine on the pan then stir.
- Once the mussels are cooked (shells are opened) add the bacon strips then salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnished Angry Mussels with parsley or scallions then serve with bread.