GD Star Rating
Halo-halo is a representative of the various sweets Filipinos enjoy. Legumes, rootcrops and fruits are cooked in syrup until tender and sweet. Eggyolks and milk are made into leche flan. Ube is grated for haleya. Fresh ripe fruits are cubed, pinipig is toasted, buko is grated and if one has time – sorbets or ice cream can even be made. All these are put in a tall glass that is then filled with shaved ice. It is served with a long teaspoon and continually mixed as you eat (halo ng halo).
- 1 ripe large banana
- 2 ripe mangoes or 1 cup canned ripe mango
- 1 cup firm gelatin set into gel and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup canned ripe jackfruit
- 1/2 cup sweet corn or chick peas (garbanzos)
- 1 cup young shredded coconut, fresh or canned
- 1 cup cooked sweet yams or (ube halaya) glutinous purple yam,Â cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cup shaved ice
- 2 cup milk
- 4 scoops of favorite ice cream
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts or rice krispies
Halo Halo Preparation Instruc
- Peel mangoes and slice the meat into 1/2-inch cubes. Discard the seeds.
- Prepare 4 tall glasses. Divide each ingredient into 4 equal parts.
- In each glass place 1/4 of each ingredient, adding layer by layer starting with corn or chick peas, cooked sweet yams, jackfruit, bananas, coconut, and gelatin.
- Top with 1/2 cup shaved ice.
- Pour 1/4 cup milk over shaved ice and top with a scoop of ice cream.
- Sprinkle nuts or rice krispies over it.
Halo Halo Recipe a Filipino Dessert ,
Filipino Recipes Portal Content is now Protected and Monitored by:
NOTE: Individual persons may eat as it is or mix the whole concoction before eating. Some of the ingredients above, such as corn or fruits may be substituted with cherries, crushed pineapple, papaya, or any other ripe fruits in season.
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipe:
Next - Chicken Mami Noodles Soup Recipe ( Pancit Mami ) >>
Request a Filipino Recipe here>>>
Join PinoyRecipe.net's Monthly Giveaway Contest >>>