How to cook Pinoy Grilled Scallops
Scallops is an expensive but delicious shellfish with a delicate taste, available in a range of sizes. This shellfish have two fan-shaped shells which contain rounds of firm white flesh, sometimes with the edible cream and orange coral or roe attached.
The Scallops is sold in the Philippine market with the empty half shell already discarded and it is very small compared to what you see in the Food Network channel.
This Pinoy Grilled Scallops dish is usually served in seafoods restaurants, topped with melted cheese. Try this PinoyRecipe version of Pinoy Grilled Scallops Recipe and give us your feedback.
Pinoy Grilled Scallops Recipes:
- 250 gm butter, coarsely chopped
- 6 cloves of Garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 kilo scallops in the shell
- salt to taste
- Grated Parmesan Cheese (optional)
Pinoy Grilled Scallops Cooking Instructions:
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic, sauté until fragrant and golden brown about 5 minutes or less.
- Then add a pinch of salt, mixed well then set aside.
- Heat a char-grill pan to high heat.
- Spoon butter sauce over scallops, season to taste, and grill, scallop-side up, until plump and just cooked through (5 minutes).
- Sprinkle the grated Parmesan Cheese on top of each scallops and serve hot.
Ready to serve Pinoy Grilled Scallops