Last Updated on
Makes: 6 serving
Preparation time: 20 mins + 30 mins marinating
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Gambas Recipe Ingredients:
- [singlepic=105,240,180,,right]1 kg (2lb) medium prawns, peeled (heads, tails and shells discarded)
- Juices of 3-4 calamansi
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Cloves of 1 hole head of garlic, peeled and crushed
- Dash Tabasco (or other hot pepper sauce)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parsley, to garnish (optional)
- Sliced green chili, to garnish (optional)
Gambas Recipe Cooking Instructions:
Marinate peeled prawns in calamansi juice for about 30 mins.
Heat oil in a frying pan or wok and sautÃ© garlic until almost brown.
Add prawns and stir fry until fully cooked, about 2 to 3 mins. Do not overcook.
Season with hot pepper sauce and salt and pepper to taste. Transfer prawns to a serving dish together with the garlic. If desired, garnish with parsley and chili.
Serve as an appetizer, as a first course or as pulutan with drinks.