How to cook Ube Cheese Icebox Cake Recipe
Icebox Cake is an American classic dessert originally consists of two ingredients such as chocolate wafers and whipped cream. Now we are having a Filipino version of this luscious dessert, which is called Ube Cheese Icebox Cake Recipe. Like the original recipe it is also an easy to prepare dessert, but prepared in a more Filipino way by using Ube or purple yam flavor which is known to be the most favorite ingredient here in the Philippines.
Preparing Ube Cheese Icebox Cake Recipe is such a cinch, you just have to mix and layer the ingredients and then refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight. Here’s how to make this delectable dessert, anyone can do this at any time of the day, your friends and family, especially the kids will absolutely enjoy this!
Ube Cheese Icebox Cake Ingredients
- 3 packs Ladyfingers “Broas” or 1 pack Graham Crackers
- 2 cans (300g) + 1 (250ml) All-purpose Cream, chilled
- 1 can (387 g) Sweetened Condensed Milk, chilled
- 1-2 tbsp. Ube extract
- Violet color food gel (optional)
- 1 (8oz.) cheddar cheese, diced or grated