How to cook Indian Creamy Masala Chicken
Indian Creamy Masala Chicken Recipe, a mild chicken curry with oodles of flavour. Chicken masala is a traditional Indian dish which is simple to make and easy on the palette. There are several variants of it but our personal favourite definitely has to be the creamy masala curry.
Everything turns better with the addition of some cream and this masala chicken curry is no different. The perfect balance of spices and cream makes this curry the ultimate chicken dish. Serve it up with some hot rice for a perfect meal.
Indian Creamy Masala Chicken Ingredients by Pinoy Recipe dot net:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts , cubed
- 3cm piece fresh root ginger , peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic clove , chopped
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander , chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion
- 1 red chilli
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 284ml carton double cream
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- basmati rice and naan bread, to serve
Indian Creamy Masala Chicken Cooking Procedure:
- Put the chicken, ginger, garlic, chilli powder, coriander, lime juice and 1 tbsp of oil in a bowl.
- Stir, and set aside.
- Chop the onion, and seed and chop the chilli.
- Heat a large shallow pan. Tip in the chicken and marinade and fry for about 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a pan and fry the onion and chilli for 3-4 minutes until just soft.
- Add the turmeric and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Lower the heat, pour in the cream and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken and simmer for 5 minutes, or until cooked.
- Season and stir in the lemon juice.
- Serve with rice and Naan bread.