Sinamak is a popular sawsawan (condiment) in the Visayas region. It is spiced with pepper, red chili, ginger garlic, onions.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 3 1/2 cups Cane vinegar best if you can have a Vinegar from Tuba or Palm Wine
- 1 cup fresh Siling Labuyo
- 3 tablespoons ginger sliced
- 3 tablespoons langkawas sliced
- 1 tablespoon Peppercorns
- 1 head garlic
- 1 long neck empty bottle cleaned
Clean and slice the Ginger and Langkawas
Combine langkawas, ginger, garlic, whole peppercorns, and siling labuyo chili in a long neck bottle (any clean liquor bottle will do)
Pour the vinegar in the bottle then tightly cover it.
Lightly shake the bottle and store in room temperature for 2 days to allow the spices to blend with the vinegar, the longer you store it, the spicier it becomes.
Serve as condiment with soy sauce or fish sauce for your grilled and fried dish.
Serving: 2tbsp | Calories: 20kcal | Protein: 1g | Fat: 60g | Sodium: 135mg | Vitamin A: 30%