Nilagang Baboy Recipe
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 10 mins
- 1/2 kilo pork shoulder cubed or sliced
- 1 medium cabbage sliced into quarter
- 2 small sized Reb Bell Pepper sliced into quarter
- 1 small yellow onion
- 2 medium potatoes peeled and sliced into cubed
- 2 pieces ripe saba banana (optional)
- 1 pc sweet yellow corn cut into 3parts (optional)
- 4 pcs string beans cut into 2inch size (optional)
- 2 pcs pork cube
- 1 tsp. whole peppercorn
- 8 cups of water
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt to taste
Pour and heat the cooking oil in a deep skillet.
Saute the onion after 2 minutes add the whole pepper corn then cook for another 30 seconds.
Add the pork and fry for about 5 minutes or until the color turns light brown.
Pour-in the water and add pork cube.
Bring to a boil then simmer for about 50 minutes or until the pork becomes tender.
Add the sweet corn, cover the pot and cook for 8 minutes.
Add the potatoes and saba (banana) cook for another 6 minutes
Add-in the cabbage, red bell pepper, string beans. Add salt to taste.
Mix well then cover and continue to cook for 3-5 minutes.
Transfer Nilagang Baboy to a serving bowl and serve with a dipping sauce made of fish sauce, siling labuyo with kalamansi.
Enjoy this Pinoy dish with family.
Serving: 10g | Calories: 530kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 29g | Cholesterol: 120mg