How to cook Tinolang Tulya
Here is another Filipino seafood dish, we will be having Tinolang Tulya Recipe – it is a clam soup same as the famous Filipino soup dish called chicken tinola or tinolang manok which uses green papaya chunks, ginger and chili pepper leaves.
When you make this dish you should make sure that the clams are thoroughly cleansed and the dirt is already washed out of its shell. In a container full of water, pour the clams and let it remain for at least half day to make the clams remove the sand.
This soup dish is a real budget saver, very delicious and comforting, perfect for the rainy season.
Everyone who wants to cook this Tinolang Tulya can follow easily this recipe.
Tinolang Tulya Ingredients:
- 2 kilo Tulya or Manila clams
- 1 small sized green papaya fruit, peeled and sliced
- 2 stalks tanglad (lemon grass)
- 1 thumb size ginger, sliced into strips
- 1/2 head garlic, chopped
- 2 pcs medium sized tomatoes, sliced
- 1 pc. medium size onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp. cooking oil
- 2 pcs birds eye chilli