How to cook Filipino Special Puto
Special Puto is the common pair for Dinuguan, you can always find both in many native restaurants in the Philippines. Puto is a steamed fluffy Rice Cake usually eaten as dessert. This Filipino dish is highly versatile, and can give you a lot of variety and flavors since you can incorporate chocolate, pandan, butter, cheese, and other flavorings depending on the flavor you want to eat and serve.
On this Special Puto Recipe we used All purpose flour instead of the usual Rice flour to save time and to make it easy to prepare. Using rice flour will take 8 hours to soften the rice before you can grind it.
Special Puto Recipes:
- 256 grams or 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp. Baking Powder
- 100 grams cup White Sugar
- 1/2 cup Evaporated Milk or Fresh Milk or Coconut Milk
- 2 pcs Eggs, beaten
- 1 cup water
- Cheddar Cheese, sliced or Red Salted Egg, sliced(optional)
- 2 0z Cupcake molds
- Banana Leaves cut into 2 oz Cupcake sizes