Longganisa is the Philippines native sausage, the sausages are flavoured with indigenous spices, with each region having its own specialty. Among others, Lucban in Quezon Province is known for its garlicky longanizas, while in Guagua Pampanga Province for its salty, almost sour, Longganisa.
The famous breakfast dish for Longganisa is Longsilog stands forÂ Longganisa, Sinangag and Itlog.
Makes 18-20 sausages
Preparation time: 30 mins + 3 hours chilling
Cooking time: 30 mins
- 1 kilo ground pork, 10% fat
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rock salt (or 1 1/2 teaspoon fine salt)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground.