How to cook Shrimp Gambas
Shrimp Gambas Recipe ( Spicy ), is popular Filipino shrimp dish. Most of the Restaurant in the Philippines serve this on their menu as an appetizer or a main dish. The term Gambas in Spanish pertain to prawns, Shrimp Gambas Recipe often uses medium to large sized shrimps, most Restaurants don’t use jumbo or colossal prawns because of price reasons.
This version of Shrimp Gambas Recipe is spicy but you can omit the Chili Sauce and the Green Chili if you are not a fan of spicy foods.
Try this PinoyRecipe version of Shrimp Gambas Recipe and give us your feedback.
Shrimp Gambas Ingredients:
- 3/4 kilo medium to large sized Shrimp
- 1/4 cup Kalamansi juice or lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Chili Sauce
- 1/2 cup Green Chili, sliced diagonally (optional)
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Olive oil or Cooking oil
- 1 medium sized red onion, quartered
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste