How to cook Stir Fried Chili Clams
Stir Fried Chili Clams Recipe is a superb dish perfect for the seafood lovers out there. This dish is very easy to prepare it can be done for about 20 minutes in cooking time but always make sure that you get a good quality of clams.
Choose the fresh or the live ones because it spoils quickly and can be smelly, soak the clams in water first to make them remove their dirt. Wash thoroughly the outer shell to ensure that all of the sand are washed out.
When buying fresh whole clams, it is important to make sure that they are alive. The shells of live clams should be tightly closed or try to close when tapped or agitated.
Clams are one of the rich sources of iron, it also has calcium, calcium, selenium, zinc, protein, omega-3‘s and vitamin B. Though there are no official studies to prove but in some Asian countries, it is believed that clams help with milk production for moms who is breast feeding.
Try this quick and easy Stir Fried Chili Clams Recipe.
Stir Fried Chili Clams Ingredients and Procedure:
Stir Fried Chili Clams Recipe
- 1/2 kilo clams scrubbed and cleaned
- 2 slices ginger minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 hot green chili thinly sliced
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
- 2 sprigs cilantro
- 2 tbsp peanut or vegetable oil
Chili Clam Sauce:
- 1/4 cup soup stock
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp palm vinegar
- 2 tsp sugar
- Clean the clams: Thoroughly rinse the clams in several changes of cold water, discarding any open clams. Scrub the shells with a stiff brush to remove grit and rinse well. Drain the clams in a colander, shaking out the excess water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Combine the seasoning ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat oil in a hot wok over high heat.
- Add ginger, garlic and chili and stir-fry for about 10 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the clams, seasonings, green onion and cilantro and toss until well combined.
- Cover and cook for 6-8 minutes (depending on the size of the clams).
- Garnish and serve the clams: Stir in the scallions and pour the sauce over the clams.
Tip: This Chili Clams Recipe is best paired over Noodles or Pasta...
Recommended Seafood Recipes: