How to cook the famous Lechon Manok
Litson Manok or Lechon Manok Recipe is a juicy whole chicken roasted or cooked on a rotisserie. This Filipino dish is an all-time favorite for most Pinoy and is commonly served on birthdays and special holidays like Christmas or New year. Lechon manok doesn’t really pick specific time or occasions, it is readily available anytime you want, you can easily buy a whole serving anywhere in the Philippines.
The is probably the best Litson Manok or Lechon Manok Recipe, try this Filipino Recipes Portal – PinoyRecipe.net version and we assure you that you will love it. It’s best to give time for marinating so that the flavor melds together. Serve it with Mang Tomas lechon sauce.
Lechon Manok Ingredients
- 1 kilo dressed whole chicken
- 1 8 oz Sprite or 7up
- 3 tbsp of white or brown sugar
- 3-5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium sized onion, sliced
- 3 tbsp of lemon or calamansi juice
- 1 thumb size ginger, sliced
- 1 or 2 stalks of lemon grass (tanglad)
- ground black pepper
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 stick of butter
- 3 tbsp soy sauce