How to cook Kangkong Fritters
Kangkong Fritters is a very nutritious snack and an ideal appetizer, when cooked the Kangkong become very crispy just like the commercial chips, you’ll forget you are eating Kangkong.
This dish is very easy to cook, very much like your typical vegetable tempura where you dip the Kangkong leaves to a batter and deep fried until golden brown.
This recipe is good for 6 persons, preparation will take 30 minutes and cooking time will take more or less 30 minutes.
Filipino Kangkong Fritters Ingredients:
- 1 bunch or tali of Kangkong
- 3 cups of Iced cold water (must add Ice cubes)
- 2 cups Cooking Oil for Deep frying
For Batter Recipe
- 1 cup Cornstarch
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 Egg
For Dipping Sauce
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 3 tbsp Calamansi or Lemon Juice
- pinch of Sugar
- 1 tsp. Sesame Oil
- 2 pcs Siling Labuyo or 1 Chili (optional)