Golden Fruitcake Recipe is made from Natural sun-dried raisins, apricots, walnuts, red and green cherries in a sweet yellow cake.
Fruit cake or fruitcake is a cake made with chopped candied fruit and/or dried fruit, nuts, and spices, and (optionally) soaked in spirits. A cake that simply has fruit in it as an ingredient can also be colloquially called a fruit cake.
Yields: 1 Bundt cake or 2 loaf cakes
Golden Fruitcake Ingredients:
- 1 package (1 pound 2.25 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1 container (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups California raisins
- 1 jar (10 ounces) red maraschino cherries, drained
- 1 jar (6 ounces) green maraschino cherries, drained
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup broken walnuts