Ginisang Munggo Recipe with Chicken, Munggo or Mung bean is a plant native to Indian subcontinent. Mung beans are commonly used in Chinese cuisine, in Indonesia, they are called kacang hijau or katjang idju, and are generally eaten either whole (with or without skins) or as bean sprouts, or used to make the dessert “green bean soup”.
The most famous Munggo or Mung bean dish in the Philippines is the Ginisang Munggo (Sauteed Mung Bean). This dish makes use of Mung beans as the main ingredient complimented by different flavors from meat, seafood, and vegetables.
Most Filipino use Shrimp or Pork to compliment Munggo Guisado, in this recipe we used Chicken leg and added Malabar Spinach leaves (Alugbati).
Try this PinoyRecipe version of Ginisang Munggo Recipe and give us your feedback.
Ginisang Munggo with Chicken Ingredients:
- 1 pack Munggo or Mung bean ( 1 lb )
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1/2 kilo chicken leg (Choice cuts)
- 1 cup Malabar Spinach ( Alugbati )
- 1 cup String Beans ( Sitaw )
- 2 pcs medium sized tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 24 ounces water
- 1 pc Beef cube (to add more flavor, optional)