How to cook Ginataang Halo halo
Filipino Ginataang Halo halo Recipe is a native Pinoy snack with a powerhouse of nutrients and vitamins made with Gata (coconut milk), Saging na Saba (Cardava banana), Kamote (sweet potato), Sago (Tapioca Pearls), Bilo-bilo (Sticky glutinous rice balls), and Langka (jackfruit).
This Ginataang Halo-halo is a Filipino favorite for mid-day snack or dessert and has been part of many Filipino tradition, one of the important ingredient of this dish is the bilo-bilo or sticky glutinous flour balls. (click here to learn how to make Bilo bilo).
One important tip if you have dried tapioca pearls, you must soak it overnight then boil for 6-10 minutes with enough water.
Ginataang Halo-halo Ingredients
- 1 1/4 cup Saging na Saba (Cardava banana), sliced
- 1 1/2 cups Kamote (sweet potato), diced
- 1/2 cup ripe Langka (jackfruit), sliced
- 2 cups small sized Sago (Tapioca Pearls), cooked
- 4 cups Gata (coconut milk)
- 20 pieces Bilo-bilo (Sticky glutinous rice balls)
- 1/2 cup Gabi (taro roots), diced
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup water